General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Accidentally deleted keyboard and mouse drivers - 05-18-2009, 12:24 AM

After running the 10.5.7 update, the drivers that allow two finger scrolling did not work. In a short minded attempt to fix this, I ran the uninstall script offered in the following thread:

After I booted up, I realized my error, as neither the touchpad or keyboard worked. I have attached an external mouse, but don't have an external keyboard where I am right now. I've been attempting to use the Install script offered in the same thread, but can't get it to install as I can't enter the password to complete the installation.

I am posting this on my main computer.

Does anyone know of any solutions other than using an external keyboard?

Thanks for all of your help!
  (#2) Old
Default 05-18-2009, 10:11 AM

Hi nick,

I made exactly the same mistake and the only thing that worked was attaching an external keyboard. Sorry, for not having better news for you ;-)
The only thing what comes in my mind which eventually could work is booting from an external device (eg. usb-stick) an try to put the drivers back on the mini manually.

Good Luck

PS: Sorry for my bad english.
  (#3) Old
Default 05-18-2009, 03:05 PM

I ran into this myself last night. While a physical keyboard would have been nice I just used a usb mouse and the on screen keyboard. You can enable it by following this guide:

Mac 101: Activate the Onscreen Keyboard in OS X

Hope that helps!

« "device removal" error when awoken from sleep | Mac 10.5.7.upgrade failed !! »