General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Help installing MAC OS ON MINI - 05-14-2009, 07:42 AM

Ok a friend installed MAC OS x on my mini. The very first hour i was playing with it and a icon near the airport told me there some updates for my software ..Soo I go and update them. =0). Little did I know the Mac my friend installed was an Illegal copy of MAC OS so there for the updates doesnt fully installed. So I bassically deleted everything and Installed WINDOWS 7RC on my mini hahah..

Now My mini is slow as crap I hate it I want to go back to Mac OS again
Now here is my question My friend had a MAC OS BOOT DISK on a DISK and now a USB Drive... Can you show me a link where i can put this boot disk onto a CD drive?

Also all you guys here have installed your OS with (REAL) retail versions of MAC OS X Leopard? Or are some of you using illegal copys? Well if you have a copy to sell and lend me please send me a message..

Right now my troubles are making a boot disk
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Default 05-14-2009, 11:23 AM

Most of us are using legit copies. Technically, it's a violation of the EULA to run OS X on non-Apple hardware, but we're at least supporting Apple somewhat by buying the OS and software to go along with it. I highly recommend picking up a legit copy.

As to your other question, there's wonderful tutorials in the OS X forum. Read and re-read is all I can really say. If you get stuck somewhere in the process, that's when the questions need to be asked. It's really not difficult overall. You may run into issues with the particular optical drive if you install straight from the DVD. I have only installed from USB flash drive, so I've not had that issue.

Alienware M11xR2 - Core i5 1.06 - 4 GB - 250 GB HD

Triple Boot Guide - 10v RAM Upgrade Videos - mechdrew's OSX guides
  (#3) Old
Default 05-14-2009, 07:01 PM

i noticed that this forum is anti-piracy

« System restore from Time Machine backup | Help with install please »