General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#21) Old
Default 05-13-2009, 09:38 PM

Seems I've got some kext problem, looking at further logs. it's attempting to load it, but failing.
  (#22) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to HotDog
Default 10.5.7 working fine - 05-13-2009, 10:50 PM

I updated yesterday with the Combo Updater and had some problems with the instructions to -x boot into safe mode after the video booted in a garbled state. That was a lot of sweat for nothing, there are others ways to boot into safe mode that I had forgotten about . . . and the help on the forum was awesome.

Everything is working fine, and I agree with another post that my Mini seems faster, perhaps considerably faster. I did have a little problem with "About This Mac" at the apple drop-down menu (left side of the menu bar) giving a "Unknown" name for Atom, but I ran "aboutthismac.pkg" and that fixed it all up.

I think Bluetooth is actually working better. It has always been tedious to get this thing to lock on to my BT keyboard, but somehow that seems better now, too. Log out, reboot, and restart are all better, so I'm good, I'm happy.

Good luck to everyone with their updates . . .
  (#23) Old
Default 05-13-2009, 11:55 PM

I don't know if anyone experienced this, but after a successful update to 10.5.7 I GAINED over a gig of hard drive space. How is this even possible? I noticed before the update that my free space would fluctuate quite a bit without actually installing anything, or deleting anything. But after the update my free space went way up and has stayed there. Anyone have any clue whats going on?
  (#24) Old
Unhappy 10.5.7 Upgrade gone bad, please help! - 05-13-2009, 11:56 PM

Greetings all. I have been running 10.5.6 just fine on my Mini 9 (1GB RAM, 16GB Drive, Webcam, Bluetooth). Today I downloaded and installed the 10.5.7 upgrade via the OS X upgrade utility. Now when my Mini boots the video is gone crazy. I can see soem outlines and the mouse pointer but nothing can be made out. Please help. Thanks!
  (#25) Old
Default 05-14-2009, 12:44 AM

Hi Jefflshaffer,

This has been realized and discussed in the other larger 10.5.7 thread (10.5.7 is here!) and a clever poster on that list figured out a solution (that we have all had to follow) - you can see his directions here:

« MINI Powers off at Apple Logo | run out of battery when suspended = cannot start up »