General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default mac osx leopard 2 weeks later update - 05-03-2009, 04:40 AM

i installed leopard 5.6 according to the 2 usb key method a couple of weeks ago. it works great and i have to add that it has totally transform my dell mini 9 into a can-use-it to a cant-wait-to-use it machine. i am just back from our software companys user conference in las vegas and it got a huge amount of attention from staff as well as customers. it is way more convenient to use than ubuntu or xp. the mac os really shines on these small devices, and ive made my living as a windows programmer since 1987. cant recommend this upgrade enough. thanks to this forum for making this possible for me!
  (#2) Old
Default a cant-wait-to-use it machine - 05-03-2009, 07:41 AM

"a cant-wait-to-use it machine" describes it perfectly!
I reach for this little netbook more often than any of the fabulous Real Macs in my house.
Makes me smile every day.

Since I brought my DellMac with me to work one day, two of my colleagues have also bought mini9s and installed OSX on them! And a couple other guys are haunting the Dell Outlet to buy theirs. Fun that I was able to start this trend at my work.
  (#3) Old
Default Re: mac osx leopard 2 weeks later update - 05-03-2009, 08:42 AM

indeed everyone who's seen mine thinks it's the coolest thing since sliced bread. They all ask how much, and can you install osx for me.

apple is really missing the mark here on the no netbook offering. people love this little thing...

now if dell would just put the same hardware in the mini10... :-)
  (#4) Old
Default Re: mac osx leopard 2 weeks later update - 05-03-2009, 01:31 PM

I've gotten 11 people to get mini 9's at my job. I get a lot of looks and random chicks coming up to me.

Dell Mini 9 RED | 1.6GHz | 10.5.7 OSx| 32GB SD Card + 32GB SSD | 2GB RAM | 802.11B/G/N | BT |
  (#5) Old
Send a message via Yahoo to miguel
Default Re: mac osx leopard 2 weeks later update - 05-04-2009, 11:42 AM

and one more thing ... the dell mini for the price is very well made ... doesn't feel cheap .. i got mine for 250.00 upgraded ram and hard drive. got a new copy of mac os...... you have a mini 9 mac nano all I need is some new ear buds

« keyboard configuration | Sound Issue - I may have found something new. »