General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Send a message via Yahoo to Lucius
Default Newbie to Mac preparing to install OS X - 05-03-2009, 03:51 AM

Just received my 2gb ram today and my Runcore 32gb SSD in enroute as of 2 days ago. Actually quite impressed with the turn-around time from MDD. Looks like they are keeping up with demand much better now. Now I just need to buy my retail copy of Mac OS X. I have never used a Mac nor installed a Mac system, but after all the posts on this site, I am both excited and somewhat confident about it. I will be using the 2 usb drive method and using the mac emulator program on my pc to save the install image to usb. I have seen so many posts on here about this and that not working, but it seems that it is possible to get everything corrected, right? As this is not my only pc, I feel like it is the perfect time to try out OS X,and I will be keeping my original 8gb SSD with Win XP on it just in case I ever want to switch back for any reason. Now, what to do with this 1gb ram card.... Wish me luck everyone... Hope to not have any troubleshooting posts in the near future. Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this site and helping each other so much.

Mini 9: White w/ Red Metal Gelaskin, Win Xp (soon to be OS X), BT,
8 GB SSD (32gb Runcore installed once OS X is purchased), 2GB RAM, Logitech VX Nano
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Newbie to Mac preparing to install OS X - 05-03-2009, 04:33 AM

You'll get it done easily. I did that same method two days ago when my Runcore drive arrived. Used the TransMac software without issue and in less than 90 minutes I had OSX up and running perfectly. The only issue I ran into was right at the end of the installation it says it failed, but according to the guide that's typically a lie. Rebooted, finished the installation and it was done.

It was also my first time using OSX outside of say, a demo Apple model at BestBuy or the Apple Store, and suffice to say, after two days, my next laptop is a MacBook!

« Fixed slow flash video / Netflix online play | Need some help with my OSX dvd install (external dvd method) »