General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#11) Old
Default 06-02-2009, 10:20 PM

Ahhh... clever. I'll have to try that when I get home.
  (#12) Old
Default 06-04-2009, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by dchao View Post
Have never noticed that there is already a profile installed by DellEFI. ops:

Anyway, I've found it on my Mini now. If you open both ICC profiles with ColoSync, you can see mine is created by i1 and the DellEFI one is create by Spyder. Both are the top monitor profilers on the market.

If you scroll down to the entry "Apple Display Video Card Table". My profile has a more agressive correction on the blues, which was my biggest complaint initially. As result, my profile will give you a warmer picture than the DellEFI profile. My profile looks amazing on my Dell Mini, maybe it's because I profiled it against my display.

My suggestion is to download my profile and try it, see which one looks better on your Mini.
It looks fabulous on my mini - thanks!

"Ride in a Window"
Dell Mini 9 Aspen White | BIOS A05 | Mac OSX 10.5.7 | DellEFI 1.2a5 | Meklort's Touchpad Driver | Direct Runcore Install Method | 64 GB Runcore SSD | 2 GB RAM | 16 GB SD | Bluetooth: [enabled] | Bluetooth Terminal Mod | USB Legacy Mode: [disabled] | 1.3 MP Webcam | Life is Good
  (#13) Old
Send a message via AIM to atm153 Send a message via Skype™ to atm153
Default 07-29-2009, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by sq3rjick View Post
I calibrated my screen on my A90 with a hueyPRO. It looks loads better than the default. I got around the hueyPRO software issue by running it from the status bar. In that case, it appears correctly in the center of the screen, allowing you to calibrate. I think I will stick with my calibration as even though it wasn't done on such a good calibrator, it was done for my specific screen and thus might be a bit more accurate for me.
Would you mind uploading your profile? I have an A90 as well, and all of the Mini 9 profiles look a little odd. I COULD borrow a $1000 spectrometer from my father's work, but I don't feel like it :P

EDIT: spectrophotometer, not spectrometer

« os x retail questions | Video Out Not Working on Mini 9 »