General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Send a message via AIM to BeyondtheTech Send a message via MSN to BeyondtheTech Send a message via Yahoo to BeyondtheTech
Default Video Driver to Pan for Larger Resolutions? - 04-30-2009, 05:48 PM

Who developed the GMA950 video driver for Mac OS X?

Is it possible for someone to hack or rewrite the driver that will allow you to pan for a larger virtual resolution? As much as that scaling hack works for a lot of applications, it doesn't work for everything, and it doesn't look good for others.

My ideal setup would be allowing the resolution set to 1024x768, then when I move the mouse to the top of the screen, it will pan down to the remaining 168 vertical pixels.

I think some Windows drivers do this kind of thing, can it be done for OS X?

Black Mini 9 2GB 64GB BT 2.1 1.3MP 802.11g XP SP3 OSX 10.5.7 DellEFI 1.1 MBR A05
Read my guide on How to Dual-boot OS X and Windows from the DellEFI Method!
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Video Driver to Pan for Larger Resolutions? - 04-30-2009, 09:25 PM

this is the last feature i need to have the ideal osx mini. i have searched and tried a few things but no luck so far. there is a program that can increase the screen res to 1024x768, but the lower 168 lines cannot be seen in any way that i've found. still, this helps to get a program installed that simply refuses due to low res.

if we ever do find a way to have a panning driver on the mini, it will become not just the best hackintosh, but the perfect hackintosh

« So I reinstalled Windows 7, and now can't get OS X to boot.. | Installing apps onto SDHC card »