General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Stumbling sound/noise problem - 04-20-2009, 09:31 PM

I actually wanted to post a new comment here on this thread: help-noise-in-sound-t2825.html, but it is already closed, so I am starting a new one here.
I have the problem that i have a clicking/stumbling noise in my sound on my Dell mini 9 with OS X on it. I am using THE dellefi 1.2a5 method with on of the latest touchpad drivers (for 2 finger scrolling).
The sound is not stumbling all the time, so I was wondering what causes the clicking noise.
Then I realized that the sound problem is solved when i'm using the touchpad!!! So if I'm driving across the screen with my mouse cursor I can hear a clear sound without any stumbling!
So I fear it has to do with the touchpad driver. Will try do play around with the options of the prefpane ...
Will write again here later ...
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Stumbling sound/noise problem - 04-20-2009, 09:57 PM

I uninstalled the touchpad driver, but it didn't work. It even got worse! Driving around with the mouse cursor didn't clear up the sound. So I re-installed the new touchpad driver and it's the same again. I have the clicking/stumbling sound/noise problem again and the sound gets clear immediately when I'm using the touchpad.

Closing the lid (Sleep mode) and waking it up doesn't change anything.
I also have the problem when I plug in my headphones.

Can anybody help me, please?

« Dell Mini 9 for $199 | Checkpoint Secureclient & WWAN/3G & OSX »