General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1) Old

Default Possible to pair a no passkey bluetooth mouse? - 04-18-2009, 11:57 PM

Hi, I've recently bought a bluetooth mouse from DealExtreme that use a no passkey pairing method (I don't know how to say it right but you probably understand my point). Under Mac OS X 10.5.6 if I want to connect a bluetooth mouse I have no choice but to use an empty passkey.

Obviously it doesn't work... Even if my mouse is recognized as a "Bluetooth Mouse" the pairing process still fail at the end... I've also tried to pair it using the "Any device" selection instead of "Mouse" when you first select which kind of bluetooth device you wish to pair but it tells me at the end that no configurable services could be found and the mouse isn't added in the bluetooth preference pane...

I use this mouse with an external bluetooth dongle (from DealExtreme also, guess which...) and it works flawlessly on Windows XP and Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.04 on my dell mini. I've also tried the same bluetooth dongle and mouse on multiple desktop computers running windows XP and Vista without any problem. So I've come to the conclusion that it's not a hardware related problem but more of a Mac Os X problem.

Please help me.
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mechdrew
Default Re: Possible to pair a no passkey bluetooth mouse? - 04-19-2009, 12:04 AM

A little googling brought these up. I have never hooked anything up to my Mini through Bluetooth, so take this as you will:

There are two passkeys you can try, either 1234 or 0000.
Another option is to click Continue before the name of the mouse appears. Basically all you should see for the device is a string of numbers, and if you wait long enough the name of the mouse will replace that string of numbers. Don't wait, press Continue as soon as those numbers appear.

Good luck.

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | XP Home | Windows 7 Home | 2GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: ON | USB Wake: ON | BT: None | NBI 0.8.3 Final
http://osx.mechdrew.com - News and Guides for Installing Mac OS X via NetbookInstaller - Now on Twitter

(#3) Old

Default Re: Possible to pair a no passkey bluetooth mouse? - 04-19-2009, 12:27 AM

Thanks but I already saw those tricks... The one where you have to click continue before the mac address turns to the device name didn't worked for me. As for the passcode... I need no passkey, I think an empty passcode is 0000. Entering 0000 as a user selected passcode under windows xp works good but not under Mac Os X, When trying to pair the device using "Any Device" option I can choose to enter passkey 0000 but I still get the same failure message at the end of the configuration saying that no configurable services have been found...

Entering 1234 as a user selected passcode does not work under any operating systems.
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Possible to pair a no passkey bluetooth mouse? - 04-19-2009, 07:24 PM

I can't believe no one uses their mini with a bluetooth mouse... There must be someone else who had the same issues as mine. Im not the only one who but a mouse that requires no passkey to pair.
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Possible to pair a no passkey bluetooth mouse? - 04-20-2009, 03:16 AM

i use a travel mouse with a bt dongle. it required no passkey, and paired ok.

White Mini 9 | OSX 10.5.8 | A04 | DellEFI 1.2a5 | 2GB | 64GB RunCore Pro IV | 32GB C6 Transcend | 1.3Mpix | MDD extended battery | OEM BT | Fusion 2.0.4 | 1505 Draft-N

Problems with external displays or projectors in OS X? Try MirrorDisplays2! http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/mac-...html#post73180
Got Static? http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/gene...io-static.html
  (#6) Old

Default Re: Possible to pair a no passkey bluetooth mouse? - 04-20-2009, 03:19 AM

I use a Dell BT travel mouse with my mini. It says on the bottom that the passcode is 0000, but it was never needed when I paired under OS X.

Black Mini 9 | 2GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Bluetooth | US-Int Keyboard | Mac OS X

« Charger Broken... (I Think)! | How long between installs before your system is toast? »