General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1) Old

Default boot0: error - 04-16-2009, 09:52 PM

I got a

boot0: MBR
boot0: error

After install dual boot XP osX

I found the thread that discuss this end up with boot: done, I am very confused.

It seems that I have a boot problem, in OSX I can only see network as boot option. the efi is extended journal (not case sensetive) and the Osx partition is without journal.

I try to fdisk in osx, but fail:

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

fdisk: could not open MBR file /usr/standalone/i386/boot0: No such file or directory

What can I do now?

Thank you.
  (#2) Old

Default Re: boot0: error - 04-16-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentsin
boot0: MBR
boot0: error
i do not have a dual boot system, but after i cloned my drive to a new ssd i got this error. the problem was that i didn't partition the drive (partition 1) with GUID. once i went back with disk utility booted from the install disk and paritioned the drive correctly, and recopied everything and it booted up up fine.

what this means in the context of a dual boot system i can't say with any experience, but perhaps the partition with OSX on it hasn't been partitioned with the correct attribute?

White Mini 9 | OSX 10.5.8 | A04 | DellEFI 1.2a5 | 2GB | 64GB RunCore Pro IV | 32GB C6 Transcend | 1.3Mpix | MDD extended battery | OEM BT | Fusion 2.0.4 | 1505 Draft-N

Problems with external displays or projectors in OS X? Try MirrorDisplays2! http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/mac-...html#post73180
Got Static? http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/gene...io-static.html

« Cannot load XP with VMware? anyone have issues? | Upgrade bios on orig 8gb xp ssd then swap in new SSD? »