General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#21) Old
Default Re: Is there a known good config to have dual displays work? - 04-24-2009, 02:42 PM

unfortunately i get the same pattern of kernel panics and system lockups from attaching and removing external monitors with the old kext (+ the drawing glitches previously discussed.) reverted back to the the current version.

is there active development on this issue in 1.2?
  (#22) Old
Default How have some done it? Or can we create an automater to swi - 05-01-2009, 02:35 PM

So it seems that some HAVE gotten dual monitor / projectors with mirroring while others, like myself, still cannot. Can those who have post their Dell EFI, system info, ect... so people like myself can try to get it to the same. I'm a public school teacher, and need mirroring due the use of promethian boards. I found a quick soloution of making the projector my primary montior, BUT that then ruins my ability to use power point, since the presenter tools will not move from the primary monitor or be disabled.

What I have also looked at, but cannot find is using a terminal command to switch primary monitors and just using the automater... any ideas on that?
  (#23) Old
Default 09-04-2009, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by chazzek View Post
Run DellEFI, select Custom, then select Reinstall Dell Mini 9 Extensions and Install old mirror friendly GMA kext.
Thank you!
  (#24) Old
Default 09-06-2009, 01:30 PM

any ideas of how to make dell mini10v 2nd monitor work/ same issue, locks up...

wasnt sure if there was a difference in mini 9 and 10v with regards to this issue and using post from this thread

That's odd that DellEFI didn't properly install it. I've posted a copy here, but you might want to reinstall the DellEFI extensions.
Attached Files (2.5 KB, 30 views)

to try and fix problem? any suggestions appreciated
  (#25) Old
Default 09-07-2009, 02:13 AM

Once you have it working, SwitchResX is fantastic monitor management software

« Does SL seem slow/sluggish to anybody? | Upgrade or Reinstall »