General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#91) Old
Default 05-17-2009, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
How do you successfully upgrade a dellefibootmaker install of 10.5.6 to .7? due to using a modified kernel and such it seems to screw it all up
I am guessing that you need to wait until a new DVD with 10.5.7 comes out? (maybe is out there already).

Else, just copy the Delta (preferred for space reasons) or the Combo updates to the USB key, install as normal. Then run the update, reboot to Safe Mode, run DellEFI again, and reboot finally to a 10.5.7 system.

So basically, just install as usual and update as usual

Though the "postinstall" script could be potentially updated to do all of that? (maybe not).

(#92) Old
Default 05-17-2009, 10:14 AM

I'm guessing have to reinstall the boot loader and such too then, as just running dellefi leaves it trying to load wrong kernel still.
  (#93) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to mechdrew
Default 05-17-2009, 11:08 AM

If you performed the install using only DellEFIBootMaker, you must first install DellEFI 1.2a5, reinstalling the bootloader, extensions, removing the dsdt.aml file, and disabling hibernation. Before restarting, install the 10.5.7 update. Restart, then run DellEFI again, and again reinstall the bootloader, extensions, and generate a new dsdt.aml file. This works perfectly, just did a fresh install this way tonight. If you don't do this, then you will experience what you have been already: a broken install.

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | XP Home | Windows 7 Home | 2GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: ON | USB Wake: ON | BT: None | NBI 0.8.3 Final - News and Guides for Installing Mac OS X via NetbookInstaller - Now on Twitter

(#94) Old
Default 05-17-2009, 12:56 PM

So I've gathered, I must admit I didn't do my research quite enough.. I had assumed that the one stick installer would result in same end result as having used dellefi, I'll see if I can rescue it, or I'll just start again.. now that I know this. Ta.

« Updating to 10.5.7 on a Fresh Install Prior to DellEFI | DellEFI Reciprocal Gratification »