General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#11) Old
Default Re: Success story and a couple questions: Imaging? Fatigue? - 04-14-2009, 02:33 AM

i received my 64gb upgrade to my 32gb runcores and had an opportunity to try disk closing myself.

i first tried super duper, but for unknown reasons the app would crash on before beginning the copy the copy.

the runcore came with FAT fileystem. i had to change the filesystem to HFS journaled.

i next tried carbon copy clone, and cloned the whole full 32gb drive. unfortunately when i went to boot from the new drive after running DellEFI, i got the boot0: MBR ERROR message - i had forgotten to correctly partition the drive with partition 1 after booting the OSX install disk routine again i partitioned and set GUID correctly. again i went through the copy, and this time i was able to successfully boot my new 64gb disk with the old fileystem from the 32gb drive.

perhaps the problem with super duper was in the way the disk was partitioned. however i would expect a meaningful error message for a simple to identify error rather than a crash. sadly with kids around distracting me, there is little opportunity for taking notes.

now to fill it up again! i bought a time capsule, so now i can keep regular backups. nice!

White Mini 9 | OSX 10.5.8 | A04 | DellEFI 1.2a5 | 2GB | 64GB RunCore Pro IV | 32GB C6 Transcend | 1.3Mpix | MDD extended battery | OEM BT | Fusion 2.0.4 | 1505 Draft-N

Problems with external displays or projectors in OS X? Try MirrorDisplays2!
Got Static?

« Used Mini - no wifi under X - card switched? | Choppy video for hi-res videos »