Much easier installation of OS X on an 8gb SSD
, $199+2gb ram
1) Using MSIWINDOSX86.ISO DVD in USB DVD drive, hit 0 choose boot from DVD
2) Repartition the drive as a GUID partition table, then erase to FAT then to Mac OS X Extended (journaled) during install.
3) Go to custom, De-select: addional fonts, X11, Kernel, MAC OS X combined update (minus 1.7gb), Reboot, delete program such as mail, ical, ichat, itune,
4) Go to /System/Library/Speech/Voices and remove all voices except Fred. Delet all foreign dictionaries in /Library/Dictionaries, Empty your trash. ,â€¦ Now your system is 10.5.
5) Download and run monolingual. - Choose Monolingual -> Preferences and check the /System box under Architectures and the Strip debug info when removing architectures box. - Check everything in languages except for english and delete them. - Select everything in Architectures except for Intel and delete them.
6) Download the 10.5.6 combo update from apples website (not the auto update) or iDeneb 10.5.6 combo upgrade (this what I use). Run update ( if it tells you that you donâ€™t have enough space ( 2.1gb), donâ€™t woory, just click several times, then it will update. (Mine is 1.8gb left, before Combo update, since you deleted mail iTune, it will not update that) and re-boot.
7) ) Run dellefi1.1 Final ( donâ€™t use 1.2) and reboot again, then run Monolingual again and delete unwanted programs.
8) Reinstall Itune 8.11, install Divx player, install Office 2008 ( custom to only World, Excel, powerpoint), install yahoo messenger for mac.
9) Hit 2 for config bios, disable legacy USB support for sleep to work.
10) Now you have 700mb to 800mb space left and 100% Mac mini 9. Never have problem with reboot, and I have disabled bootload ( hide bootload). Now you have Safari, Firfox, Office 2008, Yahoo messenger, Divx player in your mini, just save other things in your SD card. You can deselect automatic update in software update (Mac OS, Itune, Office, ).