General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default NTFS integration on Mac? - 04-09-2009, 06:28 PM

this question can probably be applied to any Mac, but this is specifically for the Mini:

How can one integrate NTFS write function on OS X? I tried NTFS-3g on the Mini and it worked one time, I copied the files over and then when I plugged the USB key back in, they were all gone, and the NTFS write function was gone.

Any way this is hardware specific? I can't get, for the love of God, my ntfs usb key to mount with ntfs-3g in Terminal, I keep getting resource busy errors, which led me to ask if this is a hardware specific problem?

Sorry for the ramble, my question basically is: how can I write to NTFS on the Mini?

MacBook Mini | 1.6 GHz Intel Atom Processor | 1GB DDR2 RAM (533MHz) | 16GB Stock SSD | Mac OS X 10.5.6| 1.3 MP Integrated Webcam | BIOS A04 | USB Legacy Mode: OFF | Bluetooth: Disabled | DellEFI 1.2 Alpha 5 | Meklort Touchpad Driver FTW
  (#2) Old
Send a message via AIM to chazzek
Default Re: NTFS integration on Mac? - 04-09-2009, 11:04 PM

NTFS-3G works for me. Are you using the Mac version, or did you manually install it from Try updating MacFUSE too; the latest version is 2.0.3.

Dell Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | 2 Jigabytes RAM | 32 Jigabyte STEC SSD | Bios A05
NetbookInstaller 0.8.3 | USB Legacy Mode off | No camera
  (#3) Old
Default Re: NTFS integration on Mac? - 04-10-2009, 02:47 AM

I use and recommend the Mac version of NTFS-3G. It works great, if a little (lot) slow.

« Need Advice on Upgrade Path | MacHeist Bundle »