General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#31) Old
Default flash drive reinstall failed - attempting to install any operating system - 08-15-2009, 02:19 PM

I tried to install using the flash drive method, to no avail - so I am using an external CD drivie to try and install ubuntu or mac os x, but i am afraid that I haven't got enough space on my hard drive.

Is there any way to erase the harddrive without getting into mac os x?
  (#32) Old
Default 08-15-2009, 02:29 PM

Run the Ubuntu Live CD

Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 2 GB RAM | 64 GB Stock STEC SSD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy Mode: OFF | Bluetooth: OFF | NBI 0.8.4(20100616212351)
  (#33) Old
Default 08-15-2009, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by TheDoctah View Post
I've just experienced this message for the first time.

I've owned my mini for several months now and have been running OS X ever since. Today i upgraded to 10.5.7 and last night I upgraded to DellEFI 1.2a5 from DellEFI 1.1.

Can't say with any certainty if its related to either of those upgrades but those are the only new things with my system.

It happened while surfing the net for a couple hours while plugged in....then i unplugged and continue surfing on the bed, then fell asleep with the Mini on... in my rest....i managed to close the cover and plug the Mini in....aprox....40mins after the fact.....i woke up and opened my Mini to find it burning hot with that message on the screen.

So i'm wondering if its due to heat... or it could be because i plugged it in to charge while sleeping (which was never a problem in the past) or any one of the new upgrades...
I believe this is heat related. It happened to me today on my brand new mini 9. It happened with the computer on (not sleeping), lid closed, while running off battery.

The same thing has happened to me on my G4 ibook, when I'm running on battery and surfing for hours and hours.

Black Dell Mini 9 | 1 GB RAM | 16 GB stock SSD | 1.3 MP Webcam
BIOS A05 | DellEFI 1.2a5 | Mac OS X 10.5.7| formerly Ubuntu
  (#34) Old
Default Quick question? - 01-10-2010, 11:29 PM

I saw your post and was curious how to go about your fix for a kernal panic. I have run into a restart your computer situation every time I get the load into blue screen. I have restarted at least 20 times still same issue?

« mini 9 bluetooth/bios legacy support? | EFI Simulation Problems - Please help... »