General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default How to solve Architecture errors - 04-07-2009, 04:05 PM

Hey guys,

i posted a question regarding architecture errors on certain apps in osx on the mini. Well last night I got a bad one and system preferences would'nt open. well if you get these messages the only way to get the app to work again that I have found is to reinstall that app. Itunes gave me this error for example and I did a reinstall from and it works fine. But some apps like system preferences you cant just download and reinstall because they are only found in the leopard install disc. So what you have to do is run the program called pacifist on another mac, insert the install dvd and let it open up all the app install packages for osx. You than have to select the system preferences (for my case) and select to install it on a jump drive. After deleting system preferences on the mini you transfer the newly installed app on the jump drive to the mini and everything worked.. Just thought I would share since I panicked for a few minutes last night.

pacifist download can be found here

pm me if anyone has any questions

Obsidian black mini 9|32gb STEC ssd|2gb crucial ram| sleep working (usb legacy disabled in bios)|1.3 mp webcam (photobooth and everything is working out of the box)|250GB external cavalry HDD+time machine|bios A04

« woody-a-go-go | Lack of perfect keys for OSX, possible to do re-mapping? »