General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Question about mac install - 04-05-2009, 07:38 AM

I have a dell 16gb mini 9 coming in. If I install osx on it, how much space will I be eating up on the 16gb drive? Or better yet, how much free space will/can I be left with after an install?
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Question about mac install - 04-05-2009, 09:44 AM

Well, as some people (including myself) have installed it on an 8gb, with space to spare - I would have 2-3 GB left out of the 8, had I not installed Xcode. So you could have about 10-11GB free . However, this was with deselecting literally everything that I could to install, as well as deleting wallpapers, screen savers, etc.

With a 16GB, and using Xslimmer (and Monolingual) , you should have no problem with space.
  (#3) Old
Default Re: Question about mac install - 04-06-2009, 04:23 AM

hey man,

im running full leopard with my 16gb ssd that came with it. i have office 08 and iphoto, and 2 games total available space right now is 7.2 gb .. this thing runs leopard very well.

Obsidian black mini 9|32gb STEC ssd|2gb crucial ram| sleep working (usb legacy disabled in bios)|1.3 mp webcam (photobooth and everything is working out of the box)|250GB external cavalry HDD+time machine|bios A04

« weird architecture errors? | Can't boot into normal mode »