General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Clearing a corrupted hibernation state - 04-04-2009, 05:57 PM

I have no idea what my girlfriend did to my machine, but I can not boot normally. It gets past the apple logo then goes to a blue screen and then sits their. The EFI loader does give an error message (between the intel video chipset info and the white apple screen)

Starting hibernation
Sleep image has garbage
Hibernate failed

How do I clear this? I get past the apple logo screen, but when it turns blue it just sits there. I can boot into safe (-x) in verbose mode (-v) I get

macbookair11 kextd[10] timed out…

Then it boots to the blue screen. I’ve tried booting with a –f and that does not help either.

I do have USB wake and USB Legacy turned off in the bois. It is running DellEFI 1.1

Dell Mini9, 32GB SSD, 2GB Ram, WiFi, Bluetooth, Future Mods (when warranty is over) GPS & touch screen
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Clearing a corrupted hibernation state - 04-04-2009, 06:23 PM

Make sure hibernate is disabled in DellEFI (or go to Terminal and type: sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0 ) and cd to /var/vm in Finder and delete the sleepimage file.

Try reloading the extensions and bootloader and reboot to see if it's changed.

MacBook Mini | 1.6 GHz Intel Atom Processor | 1GB DDR2 RAM (533MHz) | 16GB Stock SSD | Mac OS X 10.5.6| 1.3 MP Integrated Webcam | BIOS A04 | USB Legacy Mode: OFF | Bluetooth: Disabled | DellEFI 1.2 Alpha 5 | Meklort Touchpad Driver FTW

« osx hacks: isnt it win-win for all parties? | Quick question about 10.5.6 update.. »