General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default please help, please post - 04-03-2009, 04:47 PM

Ok guys heres the problem, I downloaded the miniboot dell efi and burned it to a cd one with toast which is an iso, and the other is like one that just displays all of the contents, I have a retail copy of leopard and want to install it, problem is when I connect the external disc drive, it only has a plus sign next to the hard drive , it displays the cd/dvd/cdrw drive with no plus sign, when i hit enter it just boots into ubuntu.. what am I doing wrong?

Obsidian black mini 9|32gb STEC ssd|2gb crucial ram| sleep working (usb legacy disabled in bios)|1.3 mp webcam (photobooth and everything is working out of the box)|250GB external cavalry HDD+time machine|bios A04
  (#2) Old
Default Re: please help, please post - 04-04-2009, 05:25 AM

Hmm.. maybe your external cd/dvd drive is the problem. Can you try another external drive?
Or... legacy USB support in BIOS should be enabled??
  (#3) Old
Default Re: please help, please post - 04-04-2009, 09:05 AM

Well, I had some issues with my external DVD-drive as well. Sometimes it help just re-trying a few times. Plug the drive in while the DELL startup screen is already showing and then try to press the key to enter boot selection (yep, that has to be quick). It took me sometimes up to 10 times to get the external drive to show up. Are you sure its set on the list of valid boot options in your BIOS setup?

DELL Mini9 - 2GB RAM - 64GB SSD - BIOS A04 - German Mac OS 10.5.6 (installed via DellEFI 1.07) - German keyboard. No problems at all.

« Auto sleep problems | Mac ox start up freeze »