General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Great for two days then nothing! Can't re-install - 04-02-2009, 02:44 AM

I just got my Mini on Monday- that night I put in the 16GB Super Talent drive I got new from Using the Two USB method I installed OS X, updates, DELLEFI and everything was perfect for two day. It was GLORIOUS! Easy as pie, even for someone like me! Then today I did a software update via the Apple Menu (NOT for the OS, just for iTunes and things like that). Then I started noticing Safari would freeze. I would force quit it and it would do it again. I decided to restart and when I did, it could NOT find an OS from which to boot. Tried a few things and still nothing. So I decided to re-install. Start all over. Using the exact same two USB-method, even using the same USB drives as I did before and now OS X won't install.I have tried it about six or seven times. I have zeroed out the drive, used Disk Utility to repair... nothing. It begins to install, says it has 36 minutes left (always says 36 minutes) then jumps to 31, then 36 then with the status bar about halfway, it either goes to a black screen saying how it could not install and shows the installer log or it goes to a screen that says it could not install.I even got a kernel panic at restart one time. At this point I think it is hardware- bad drive. I plan on returning the drive and getting another but thought I would post this anyway.

Just for hoots and giggles I have attached some shots of pieces of the Installer Log that came up showing errors. Maybe someone knows what any of that means! I sure dont!
Any ideas? Thoughts? Advice? Thanks!

I installed OS X on a 16GB Flash Drive and it works fine. So yes, it looks as though the Super Talent 16GB SSD from went bad in two days. I already returned it for an exchange.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2668.jpg (183.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2669.jpg (189.1 KB, 3 views)

« System Profiler -> Network -> Airport Card: what is yours? | What now? »