General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Restart option is not working - 03-31-2009, 02:31 PM

Since yesterday noticed that the Restart option doesn't seem to work. I get a prompt about restarting and I click yes but then the machine shuts down. After about 10 minutes I press the power key but it still doesn't start. only way to boot the machine back is to hold the power key for about 5 seconds when it shuts down completely and then boot it back up. I think the only thing I ran yesterday was Disk Permissions and there is no SDHC card in the slot. Any adivce?

Dell Mini 9 Obsidian Black; 2 GB Corsair Value Select; 16gb STEC; 1.3 Camera; OS X 10.5.6.
  (#2) Old
Send a message via AIM to chazzek
Default Re: Restart option is not working - 03-31-2009, 03:22 PM

Failing to reboot after a sleep/wake cycle is a known issue. Some people are reporting that the A05 bios fixes the problem. I can't tell if it does for me -- sometimes it reboots, sometimes it fails. I think meklort said he'd work on it, but it's a low priority.

Dell Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | 2 Jigabytes RAM | 32 Jigabyte STEC SSD | Bios A05
NetbookInstaller 0.8.3 | USB Legacy Mode off | No camera
  (#3) Old
Default Re: Restart option is not working - 03-31-2009, 08:56 PM

That's funny because I noticed this since I got the mini and I never researched it. I upgraded my BIOS and haven't tested the restart yet. I usually never turn it off anyway I just close the laptop and open it. I'll probably completed shut down one a week.

Dell Mini 9 RED | 1.6GHz | 10.5.7 OSx| 32GB SD Card + 32GB SSD | 2GB RAM | 802.11B/G/N | BT |

« Mini 9 no keyboard and mouse in OSX 10.5.6 | Airport woes- works in Ubuntu/XP, turns off in OSX- tears! »