General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Resolution scrolling - 03-30-2009, 10:45 PM

I am not sure of the exact name of this feature, but back when the first EeePC came out with it's measly 800x480 resolution, there were driver hacks that allowed full 800x600 and 1024x768 resolutions by scrolling. By this I mean the video card still renders the extra resolution, but it is not displayed until you move your mouse towards the edges of the screen - causing the whole screen to scroll. 800x600 worked well but 1024x768 was ridiculous when trying to decide whether to scroll the screen or scroll the application .

This is the ideal solution as opposed to scaling, since there are no issues with applications, just some getting use to by the user. I wonder if this can be implemented in the Dell Mini 9 for OSX, as it is essentially the same hardware, differing only in the processor (Celeron). I believe this is a Intel GMA feature, not a feature of the LCD as it was enabled in the Intel drivers. I am sure this is available in Windows for Mini 9 too? (never installed Windows, so I wouldn't know!)

EDIT: I see it is available for Windows XP!
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Resolution scrolling - 03-31-2009, 01:54 AM

Not exactly what you're asking for, but this may help:

« installing osx | The Mac Wireless Mouse »