General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Can I have Mac OS X 10.5.6 & Windows Vista in the Mini - 03-30-2009, 06:29 AM

Good day,

I am new for Mac OSX, I am wandering if I can install Mac OS and Vista at the same time, and in the boot I can chose which one to operate. I saw they install both system in the mac computer we have in the college but I don't know if I will be able to have it in PC with duel operating systems.

as I said I am new for Mac and I feel that I need to try Mac system.

What you think ??

I have tried 3 system so far in my Mini with 4GB | windows XP Pro| Windows Vista | Windows 7| and of course the Ubuntu which came with the system.

Sooner I will update the SSD to 16GB, and then I want to install the OSX with Vista.

Please any Idea will be helpful.

Notebook: Mini9|Black|4GB SSD| 2GB Ram| 1.3 Cam.
Laptop : XPS M1330|Black|LED LCD| 2.5 C2D 6mb cash|4GB Ram
  (#2) Old
Send a message via AIM to appleguru
Default Re: Can I have Mac OS X 10.5.6 & Windows Vista in the Mini - 03-30-2009, 06:40 AM

Wont be quite as elegant as on the mac with bootcamp, but provided you have the storage space, yes you can do it:

You could also run os X and run vista with virtualization software like parallels or vmmware fusion (lets you run os x and windows at the same time)... performance on the single core atom might be a bit sluggish though

White Dell Mini 9 | OS X 10.6.4 | BIOS A05 | 8GB STEC SSD | 2GB RAM
8GB Class 6 SDHC | 0.3MP Cam | NBI: 0.8.4 RC1
No Int. BT | USB Legacy support : [Enabled] | Mic Working via ALC268.kext

« Dellefi 1.1 - what is the required bios ? | 8 GB SDHC card not being read by mini, 2GB works fine »