General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Micro USB Bluetooth w/ Logitech V470 Mouse... - 03-28-2009, 06:46 AM

I got one of those Bluetooth receivers (the tiny one) and my Mini 9 picked it up right away, simply added the bluetooth icon to my menubar just like my iMac... Tried pairing with my Logitech V470 (which works great on my iMac) and it goes through the process, but always fails at the last step, even though it shows up as "connected" and properly named, everything.

For background, I used a MSI Wind version of OSX and ran DellEFI after, have tried the Bluetooth fix in there, same result everytime.

Any help would be appreciated.
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Micro USB Bluetooth w/ Logitech V470 Mouse... - 03-28-2009, 06:10 PM

It's been my experience that bluetooth is a strange beast on a Dell Mac mini 9.
I've got a Kensington PilotMouse mini bluetooth & after finally getting it to show up on the Dell, it could never find it the next time I started the computer. This is with the tiny USB dongle. Builtin bluetooth is better but not by much.

The Logitech nano series mice are so much nicer because there's no bluetooth lag & it's always connected.

Dell mini 9, 2GB RAM, 32GB RunCore SSD, OS X (10.6.7)

« Confirmed working 16 gb class 6 sdhc card? | HELP! Erased my Windows partition by mistake... »