General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default iPhoto Library on SDHC? - 03-27-2009, 05:08 PM

I've tried to do this with a Kingston 8GB C-6 SDHC and while everything seemed to go smoothly, once I rebooted, the iPhoto Library was corrupted and all my pictures were inaccessible. I just switched to a SanDisc Extreme III C-6 4GB and am going to give it another try, but I'm worried that the SDHC drivers in OSX are just not reliable enough.

So I guess my question is; has anyone managed to do this successfully? With concurrent use over a somewhat extended period of time? If so, which brand SDHC? What version of iPhoto? Experience any corruption?

I'm hoping it is just the mini9+Kingston problems being reported here but I'm very hesitant to rely on the SDHC after it completely corrupted my Kingston card... :roll:

Any advice would be great!

mini9 | 32gb runcore | 2gb | osx 10.6.2 | nbi 0.8.3 | a05
  (#2) Old
Default Re: iPhoto Library on SDHC? - 03-27-2009, 06:46 PM

I do this with a 16gb panasonic c6 sdhc card and iPhoto 09. Been working well for about 3 weeks. Only issue I had was copying it over, first try failed but I received an error message. Second try went ok. For reference, my iPhoto lib is about 6gb. Although it's been working great, I keep a backup of the iPhoto lib as well as a second backup of just the pictures. I just can't risk losing irreplaceable photos.

« Help: External Display not working | WiFi problem »