General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Talking Mayday Mayday! Mac OS X install no going so good. - 03-24-2009, 04:58 AM

After spending hours searching the site and trying all sorts of possibilities I have deemed the only possible solution to be posting a topic and for this I am sorry. I am attempting to install MAC OS X using Part G of the guide which involves two usbs and windows. The snag I'm running into is perhaps difficult to describe. Essentially what I'm doing is turning on the computer, press 0 and then getting text with what I suspect is loading. I then get the apple error thingymajiggy. I proceed to press esc, and it is here and I am lost. I have tried hitting 81 which gets me the boot text, but typing -f like I've read does nothing. Typing 82 gives me two options load from HD (2,1) HD (2,2) OS something to that effect. Selecting the OS one just gives me calling chainbooter and nothing happens. This is as far as I have gotten. If anyone could help it was mean a lot. I've been working on this for way too long and am wondering why I bother.
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Mayday Mayday! Mac OS X install no going so good. - 03-24-2009, 05:39 AM

I had a similar problem... after the install.. I couldn't get it to boot after that..

what I eventually resorted to (and I'm sure it's not the best way) but I installed the dell EFI onto a CD anyways and booted it using 0 to start from cd then 9F (the DVD) at the first boot screen - and then booted the operating system with -f at the second boot screen.. then just followed the guide after that..

It REALLY didn't like loading from 2 flash drives for me either.. but keep on it.. It will eventually work.

« Help! Install mac os x on dell mini | Mouse buttons for lefties? »