General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Setting up HP JetDirect Printer/Older LaserJet - 03-20-2009, 03:12 PM

Okay, so I have a LaserJet 6P that I got from the shop I used to work in. Its my only printer. Works WONDERFULLY under Windows. It is connected to a very basic JetDirect box that is directly IP addressable on my local network. That being said, I can install the printer to OSX and everything works as expected....except that all of the drivers I can find are P/S drivers. Since this is a PCL printer, the only thing that comes out is garbage. Is there some kind of generic driver I can use on the OS X end to just load this printer and have it print correctly?

EDIT: Scratch that, I'm an idiot. Turns out there is a Generic PCL driver that works fine.

Black Mini 9 | A04 | 2GB | 32GB Runcore | OS X 10.5.8 | NBI 0.8.3
Wake on USB/Legacy USB: Off | Bluetooth: Not Installed
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to MoInSTL Send a message via MSN to MoInSTL Send a message via Yahoo to MoInSTL
Default Re: Setting up HP JetDirect Printer/Older LaserJet - 03-20-2009, 05:54 PM

I have an old LJ 4000. I also got it from where I used to work. Love the Jet Direct card. Has 64MB of RAM which is crazy for a home printer. Glad you figured it out.

Studio 15 1558| Black Chainlink| i5-520M, |4GB RAM |500 GB HD@7200 |ATI HD 4570, 512K|Backlit|9 Cell|Web Cam|Windows 7 Professional x64
  (#3) Old
Default Re: Setting up HP JetDirect Printer/Older LaserJet - 03-21-2009, 01:11 AM

HP Laserjets are tanks. Even their desktop laser printers are amazing.

« dual boot OS X and Linux? | Thank you for registering your MacBook Air! »