General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#11) Old
Default Re: Thank you. - 03-20-2009, 02:13 PM

ops: Forgot when I was posting a warning to test out the hardware to also say a huge "Thank You" to all the people that made installing OSX so easy, straightforward, and "Clean" (using a retail OSX install).

Looking forward to being able to contribute more to the community if I can, but in the meantime, a huge:

to all who made/make it possible.

Dell Mini 9 - Cherry Red. 2GB RAM, 64GB RunCore, BlueTooth, 10.6.7 (working on getting 10.6.8 'working' )
  (#12) Old
Default Re: Thank you. - 03-21-2009, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by JeFurry
Originally Posted by mrnagrom
I'd just like to thank everyone who worked so hard to make os x run on these little guys.
I'll second that. Among others, the works of Bmaltais and Meklort in particular, and the guide documents from Mechdrew, have been invaluable in helping me (and numerous others) get our new toys up and running with a surprising degree of success.

Sooner or later, Apple will release something netbook-like of their own, though chances are it'll be based more on the iPhone platform than the desktop OS, and be quite different from what we expect (I don't have any inside information, this is pure uninformed opinion). However, these wonderful little beasties will remain useful, in that they are full notebook class machines with perfectly usable performance and capabilities. Apple may have said they don't know how to make a netbook that isn't junk, but the existence of our hackintoshes proves that this is just marketing talk, because people here do!

Thank you for all that you've done, people. I wish I had something of my own to contribute, but I'm just standing on the shoulders of the giants!
Yes, I would also like to add my thanks to everyone on this board who has made it possible for relative (Mac) newbies like me to get this to work seamlessly -- and to give OS X a serious try.

(#13) Old
Default Re: Thank you. - 03-21-2009, 03:20 AM

Me too...

Get a DropBox using my referral code and get an extra 250MB!
  (#14) Old
Default Re: Thank you. - 03-22-2009, 01:13 AM

I would also like to add my thanks to the devs who figured out how to install retail OS X on the Mini. The irony is that my Mini wakes faster than my friend's Macbook! :lol: (I guess that is because their Macbook has an HDD) The only issues are that the SD Reader still does not work and the Mini gets HOT after intensive tasks like Boxee, but I guess that's better than most hackintoshes!

Dell Mini 9 - Onyx Black, 32 GB STEC SSD, 2GB RAM, 1.3 Megapixel Webcam, Wireless N Card

« Tip for fixing turned off Bluetooth. | Need some help with memory upgrade please. »