I followed the instructions in Disk Utility as follows:
- I started up by booting from my 10.5.6 DVD image on an external flash drive
- I started up Disk Utility and unmounted the partition on my external USB hard drive.
- I then saved this partition as a compressed dmg to a 2nd partition on the external hard drive.
- I next created a single OS X Journaled partition on the internal SSD
- I next restored the dmg to the internal SSD
- I then rebooted with Boot123 and the internal SSD
showsup as "hd(0,1)" (shouldn't it show up as dellmini_osx?)
- I try to boot from that drive and receive the following error:
Any thoughts on what I could be doing wrong?