General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Weird VGA out problem - 03-16-2009, 07:47 PM

I am trying to get vga out to work witn my os x set up. I have read as much as I could digest here so here is the problem:
VGA out to my lcd tv (Both a Samsung and an Envision) plug it in and all I see is my desktop background....but here is the weird part...after messing with different resolutions and doing the DellEFI GMA mirrors thing I have been able to drag application windows like browser and display properties from off screen onto the lcd display!

So I think I am close to resolving this problem, can someone suggest how to fix this so I don't have this dual screen-like environment?
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Weird VGA out problem - 03-16-2009, 08:45 PM

If you are so concerned with using the larger screen, drag the upper "Task" bar over to the other monitor in your monitor settings. It will make your other monitor the "Main" and your mini's LCD the secondary monitor.
  (#3) Old
Default Re: Weird VGA out problem - 03-16-2009, 08:50 PM

Go in Displays control panel, click the Arrangement tab, then click on "mirror" to make both displays show the same thing. The only thing is, you'll be stuck at 1024x600 on both monitors.

Black Mini 9 | 2GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Bluetooth | US-Int Keyboard | Mac OS X
  (#4) Old
Default Re: Weird VGA out problem - 03-17-2009, 03:06 AM

This is actually proper behaviour, not something wierd. It's called extended desktop. If you want to 'fix' it, do as micahman33 said - open System Preferences->Displays, then the Arrangement tab. Drag the taskbar to your lcd and it will be your main display. Another option is turn your mini9 off, plug in the external display, then power up the mini9. The internal display will be disabled and the external will be the only display listed. This is how I run most of the time with a 19" lcd monitor.

« has RunCore's?!?! | Won't boot anymore?! »