General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Projector output connection to Mini 9 - 03-14-2009, 04:11 AM

Hey, longtime lurker, my MacBook Mini's arriving on the 26th.

quick question: I am getting this Mini mainly for use in college and I wanted to know how reliable it is when it comes to plugging it into an external projector for presentations and stuff like that.

I know on Windows machines, some, you gotta ress FN + F5/F7 to output to the attached device.

On Leopard how does this work (I am a proud iMac owner that wanted a netbook so I am pretty good with OS X, but I've never used one on the go -until the Mini! -)? What keys do you press? Or is there a specific one needed for the Mini 9?

And finally, how is the resolution when exporting to the projector? Is it "seeable" from more than 2 rows away?

Thanks for any answers, this was basically my only worry regarding the Mini, can't wait to Hackintosh it!

MacBook Mini | 1.6 GHz Intel Atom Processor | 1GB DDR2 RAM (533MHz) | 16GB Stock SSD | Mac OS X 10.5.6| 1.3 MP Integrated Webcam | BIOS A04 | USB Legacy Mode: OFF | Bluetooth: Disabled | DellEFI 1.2 Alpha 5 | Meklort Touchpad Driver FTW
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Projector output connection to Mini 9 - 03-14-2009, 06:54 AM

Just used my mini with a projector the other day and it worked great. It works them same as a regular mac. You plug in the monitor cable, wait a second, the screen turns blue and then it starts projecting. You can pick a number of different resolutions that you want the projector to run at by going to System Preferences > Display. I would recommend NOT mirroring the displays, then you can set your mini resolution and the projector resolution separately.
  (#3) Old
Default 10-03-2009, 03:00 PM

I tried to set it up but no success. I plugged in an epson and turned off mirroring but got nothing. what am i doing wrong?

« I've messed up my install. Help me fix it? | Can I install OS X in using VirtualBox in Ubuntu? »