General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default 10.5.6 Boot Up Problem - 03-11-2009, 08:56 PM

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and knows a solution or knows whats wrong with my dell mini 9. Sometimes when i turn on my dell mini 9 it freezes at the Apple Logo screen with no spinning ring. If i restart the mini it boots usually. Sometimes it takes 2 reboots to boot up. I installed the Combo Update and the Dell efi already.
  (#2) Old
Default Re: 10.5.6 Boot Up Problem - 03-11-2009, 09:09 PM

I get the same sometimes, no idea why. Tends to stick on a blue screen for me.

It rarely happens but when it does it takes quite a few boots to solve. Last time it lost my wallpaper setting too oddly?
  (#3) Old
Default Re: 10.5.6 Boot Up Problem - 03-11-2009, 09:18 PM

You're not alone. I think I get the Apple screen without the spinning logo after I let the machine fall asleep (cover open). I hold down the power button, and then sometimes I get that problem trying to restart. A second time seems to always work. I'm guessing it has something to to with improper shutdown in my case, but don't know about yours.
  (#4) Old
Default Re: 10.5.6 Boot Up Problem - 03-11-2009, 09:50 PM

just out of curiosity what SSD drive are you using ? maybe it can be pin pointed to that ... it sounds like the drive is not given a ready state to the bios and its waiting.... you might want to reinstall the dellefi again too....
I have been using a runcore 32gb and its been flawless , even in sleep mode.

« Question on Running Permissions | OS X Installation using regular USB hard drive? »