General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: all works - except must always boot with "-x"??? - 03-09-2009, 03:35 AM
Maybe try using the DellEFI 1.07.1 Installer instead?
http://redirectingat.com/?id=258X408&te ... 1.07.1.zip
I finished my install on my new Mini 9 a few days ago and ran into the same problem. I had to reinstall it a total of three times before it finally took.
A quick rundown of my install went like this:
1. Had both USB drives according to installer.
2. Installed OSX with the "Failed Install" message at the end.
3. Rebooted and used the "-x -f" boot options to boot into OSX Registration and finished OSX installer.
4. Booted into OSX and installed the 10.5.6 Combo Update.
5. Rebooted and installed the DellEFI 1.07.1 package to finalize everything.
I have a 16gig SSD with the A04 BIOS and ran the installer using a 10.5.1 Leopard disc image FWIW
Edit: Sorry, it looks like you already tried using the other DellEFI versions..
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.