General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Help with OSX install - 03-08-2009, 06:32 AM

Hello I recently bought a Mac OSX 10.5.6 install dvd from the apple store. I used transmac to make an image then formatted it to a 16gb flash drive. the first time I tried it on the dell mini 9 it went to the install screen, then it said install failed. I restarted it, but now after it reads some .img file from the dellminiboot.iso thing it goes to a black page with a blinking cursor and a dash. It doesn't do anything after that. Someone please help me.
  (#2) Old
Send a message via AIM to piano08man
Default Re: Help with OSX install - 03-08-2009, 06:51 AM

Try creating your install image again with transmac and make sure that your bootloader is installed properly as well. If the bootloader is installed properly, and your OSX install image is good, then you shouldnt have problems... Once booted to the installer, make sure you're going to disk utility and formatting the drive in mac os extended journaled and GUID. If you've done all of that, there's no logical reason the install should fail unless something prior to that isnt working... ie, bootloader, OSX installer, or even the possible hardware issue...

Hardware, yes. Software, yes. Code - Why do you think I'm here?
Dell Mini 9 - 64GB SSD - 2GB RAM

« Back to OS X | Problem with 8Gb USB for OSX install »