General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Send a message via AIM to rastamangi86 Send a message via Yahoo to rastamangi86
Unhappy Mini Freezing after Install - 03-08-2009, 02:02 AM

First off I wanted to thank everyone here for all the hard work you are doing for the Mini 9 owners. I have successfully installed OS X 10.5.6 using the Dellminiboot & DellEFI method described here. My problem and question concerns my system freezing then crashing. I have noticed this mostly after the system has been sitting for a little while and goes to sleep. Sleep is functional in normal circumstances after I disabled the legacy and usb wake in the bios. I just downloaded and ran the newest DellEFI build that has been put up on the Google site. I'm thinking that my issue either lies with the power options, which I am experimenting with or the MyDigitalDiscount 32GB SSD I purchased back in December. The strange thing is that I have run Ubuntu 8.10, Windows 7 and XP on the machine with no issues but Mac OS X seems to cause this fatal error after only a day or two in use then I have reinstall and start from scratch. In my power options I just turned off the option to Put the hard disk(s) to sleep when possible. Do you think this could possibly have been the culprit or is it common for the older MDD drives to fail like this? I'm really enjoying using Mac on my mini but have already reinstalled the OS four times in the past week...also getting worried about all the hard work I'm putting the system through. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Obsidian/32GB RunCore SSD/16GB SDHC/2GB RAM/Bluetooth/1.3MP/OS X 10.5.7
  (#2) Old
Send a message via AIM to piano08man
Default Re: Mini Freezing after Install - 03-08-2009, 07:26 AM

Somebody please correct me if I am incorrect, but the MDD drives were so bad that they stopped carrying them. You may want to return if that's true or try to get rid of it some other way... I know I read something about this, but don't remember where.

Unfortunately, I don't have more advice for you, if you're using a retail copy of leopard, the install should work just fine... especially when you're up to date and running the latest version of DellEFI. I wish I could be of more help.

Hardware, yes. Software, yes. Code - Why do you think I'm here?
Dell Mini 9 - 64GB SSD - 2GB RAM
  (#3) Old
Send a message via AIM to meklort Send a message via MSN to meklort Send a message via Yahoo to meklort
Default Re: Mini Freezing after Install - 03-08-2009, 01:00 PM

You may want to try dellEFI 1.07.1 as the latest version in google code is not stable, its beta and still has some bugs to be worked out.

Dell Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 2 GB RAM | 32 GB Buffalo SSD | BIOS A05
Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 1 GB RAM | 160 GB HDD | BIOS A06
My Blog | NetbookInstaller code repository | NetbookInstaller Website | Want a invite? message me.

« mobile connect won't install | mini 9 bluetooth keyboard (apple alu, plastic) possible? »