General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Help 10.5 Install - 03-05-2009, 08:06 AM

So I have read and reread the directions and the Faqs... I have tried downloading and installing DellMiniBoot123v8.01 and DellEFI 1.07.1.

I have tried using Syslinux from a parallels machine and copying the files over from the DellMiniBoot123v8.01 ISO. I am using a DVD that I purchased in Dec of 07 so I'm guessing its 10.5. The Software installs after I create a single partition with GUID. However after the 2nd reboot I get stuck in the registration loop phase...

I have also tried building a boot disk using the other method from the terminal
sudo dd if=/Volumes/MediaDrive/dellefi.img of=/dev/disk7

This also caused the same issue. I can't see that I'm doing anything wrong as I have followed the installation tips to a T. My machine has the OEM 64gb SSD and 2GB of Ram. The DVD Image was restored to an 8GB Cruzer USB drive and the Boot Disk is on a 4GB SDHC Card attached to a USB Reader.. Any Help will be appreciated.

Of interesting Note During the initial install Screen I do see my wireless Network and was able to connect to it. Verified by opening up terminal and pinging the gateway
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to mechdrew
Default Re: Help 10.5 Install - 03-05-2009, 08:16 AM

Before you press enter to boot into the SSD, type -x to enter safe mode. This has been effective to get rid of the registration loop. This was in the tips and troubleshooting part.

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | XP Home | Windows 7 Home | 2GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: ON | USB Wake: ON | BT: None | NBI 0.8.3 Final - News and Guides for Installing Mac OS X via NetbookInstaller - Now on Twitter

(#3) Old
Default Re: Help 10.5 Install - 03-05-2009, 09:11 AM

Mech You are the Man... Not sure how I missed that... Works Great Now

« USB Broke | How stable is OSX? »