General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1) Old

Default apple.Boot.plist not found? - 03-04-2009, 09:05 PM

After trying to run the boot loader I am getting an error that file that ends with "apple.Boot.plist" is not found. The screen is only up for a split second so I can't get down the entire path of the file. Anyone run into this before?
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mechdrew
Default Re: apple.Boot.plist not found? - 03-04-2009, 09:16 PM

It's normal. Ignore it.

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | XP Home | Windows 7 Home | 2GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: ON | USB Wake: ON | BT: None | NBI 0.8.3 Final
http://osx.mechdrew.com - News and Guides for Installing Mac OS X via NetbookInstaller - Now on Twitter

(#3) Old

Default Re: apple.Boot.plist not found? - 03-17-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdrew
It's normal. Ignore it.
i have run into this error after installing OS X. I experience the error when i try to -f boot from the hard drive. It appears for a split second then returns you to the boot: prompt. From there, i am stuck in a cycle. What do you mean ignore it? should i be able to boot now without the dvd?
  (#4) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mechdrew
Default Re: apple.Boot.plist not found? - 03-17-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcheng
i have run into this error after installing OS X. I experience the error when i try to -f boot from the hard drive. It appears for a split second then returns you to the boot: prompt. From there, i am stuck in a cycle. What do you mean ignore it? should i be able to boot now without the dvd?
The original error referenced is different than yours. It is normal for the DellMiniBoot to give the error, but not for an installation. If you are getting this error when you try to boot into the SSD, that means your install didn't work as planned. Try installing again.

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | XP Home | Windows 7 Home | 2GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: ON | USB Wake: ON | BT: None | NBI 0.8.3 Final
http://osx.mechdrew.com - News and Guides for Installing Mac OS X via NetbookInstaller - Now on Twitter

(#5) Old

Default Re: apple.Boot.plist not found? - 04-27-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdrew
The original error referenced is different than yours. It is normal for the DellMiniBoot to give the error, but not for an installation. If you are getting this error when you try to boot into the SSD, that means your install didn't work as planned. Try installing again.
I've tried several times. And I've tried several disks 3 different versions of the bootloader, same issue. The error is on screen for a split second, then you're thrown into a boot cycle that won't let you do anything. Your only option is to restart and try again, which yields the same results. I've even tried multiple dvd drives, in case that was the issue. no dice...
  (#6) Old

Default Re: apple.Boot.plist not found? - 04-27-2009, 08:46 PM

The issue might be your partitioning scheme. I had the weird "System config /com.apple.Boot.plist not found" error the first time I tried installing as well. I then wiped and started from scratch using Disk Utility to partition/initialize. No more problems after that.

Dell Mini 9 | 2 GB RAM | 64 GB STEC SSD | 16GB RiData SDHC
Triple Boot: Windows 7 | OSX 10.6 | XP
  (#7) Old

Default Re: apple.Boot.plist not found? - 04-27-2009, 11:34 PM

try with this bootloader viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7293
  (#8) Old

Default Re: apple.Boot.plist not found? - 04-28-2009, 04:41 PM

I've tried multiple bootloaders, using both USB Flash installers and Dvd install using multiple different external drives, with the exact same result. the error message flashes for a half a second, and then you get dumped back into a boot menu, with no way out.

Considering the result is identical with all attempts, I can only assume this is an issue with the Mini, NOT the loaders. Something is keeping it from seeing or loading the .plist... Anyone run into this that have found a solution?
  (#9) Old

Default Re: apple.Boot.plist not found? - 04-30-2009, 04:09 AM

^im having the problem, just haven't found a solution .
  (#10) Old

Default 05-23-2009, 01:55 AM

bump. anyone?

« "Com.apple.boot.plist" and Time Machine | Restore BlueTooth »