General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#11) Old
Default Re: 10.5.6 to the stock 8GB drive, n00b question. - 03-03-2009, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by dasme
Originally Posted by cubedweller
Hey, for those of you who have complete the 8GB install, how much free space was left?
After the install/upgrade to 10.5.6/DellEFI I had about 1.2gb left. App installs have since dropped that to 550mb. Contemplating just buying a Runcore and forgetting about it. It fits in 8GB, but the lack of free space is annoying
Yea, I'd absolutely love to just purchase the Runcore but I'm going out of town for awhile and cannot wait for it to ship so I'm stuck with the internal 8GB drive. I was thinking of just picking up an extra SDHC card for my digital camera that can serve as "extra" space until I am able to get the new Runcore.

BTW, which method did you use to get a successful install? Any advice, help, etc. would be much appreciated. I have access to an external DVD drive, external HD and two USB thumb-drives that meet the required SPECs. Thanks for any help!

mini9 | 32gb runcore | 2gb | osx 10.6.2 | nbi 0.8.3 | a05

« Significant difference between versions 8.0.1 and 8.0? | Installing Retail 10.5.6 »