General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#11) Old
Question Re: Potential bug? (using iPhone/iPod Touch as remote) - 03-02-2009, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by paduck
Sounds like a problem with Bonjour's implementation.

On my desktop, this seemed to be influenced by the Ethernet connection/Wifi driver. Are you using Ethernet on your Mini 9? Perhaps turning it off will help?

Are you using IPv6 or IPv4? Try IPv4.

Which version of the network drivers are installed (ie- which bootloader are you using)?

That was it! I disabled the Ethernet port (and Bluetooth just to make certain) and she hooked right up over the ad hoc I created. I also disabled IPv6, but that didn't seem to make a difference.

Still won't connect back through the house wireless, but that could very well be a setting with the hardware firewall.

Good call in recognizing it as a Bonjour problem!

FYI, I upgraded to DellEFI bootloader last week.

fanboi = Macintosh Classic (still runs!) + mac Mini (fake AppleTV) + 24" iMac 2.8Ghz + iPod Classic (160GB jukebox) + iPhone 3G + Dell Mini10v (OS X 10.6.4)
  (#12) Old
Default Re: Potential bug? (using iPhone/iPod Touch as remote) - 03-03-2009, 01:09 AM

Glad that worked! Although you might be without Ethernet and Bonjour if you ever use a wired connection. I spent a day-and-a-half tracking down a networking problem between Airport Express, AppleTV and my desktop Hackintosh, so I learned a lot about Bonjour. The nice thing about the Mini 9 is that we all have almost exactly the same hardware, unlike the various combinations and interactions you can get in the desktop Hackintosh world.

There is also a lot of really talented and dedicated individuals here working on getting the software and hardware to work - both those who are doing the coding and those who take the time to test it.

Homemade 2.4Ghz Quad Core Mac, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, 1TB HD for Time Machine
iMac G5, 8GB Original iPhone, 30GB 5G iPod, 4GB iPod Nano, 250GB Apple TV
Dell Mini 9, 2GB RAM, 32GB SSD, Leopard OS X
Free 2GB DropBox via this link:
Click Here --->

« Trouble with DellMiniBoot123v8.02b1 | Installing to the SD media Card??? »