General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#11) Old
Default Re: Anyone Running WinXP Under Fusion on Mini9 - 03-01-2009, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by lugesm
Doctah . . . .

Thanks for your comments. Very helpful. I am impressed that you can run with only 2GB of hard drive (or SSD in this case).

How much memory did you allocate to XP when you installed?

Hi L,

I gave XP, the 2gb scsi, and 512mb ram. I used this setting for both the install and usage. Its not even using the full 2gb, its sitting at around 1.01gb after all is said and done. While running it grows up to 1.5ish because of the paging file. I just wanted to ensure that it doesnt grow beyond 2gb considering SSD space is so limited already.

You have to do a custom install and specify these settings for it to work. The wizard defaults to something much higher, i forget what, i know on my iMac it was 40gb, which we dont even have on the SSDs

I've upgraded my mini to 2gb total ram btw, so I could theoretically give XP more ram and that should improve the snappiness....but i prefer having osx feeling faster.

Cherry Red Dell Mini 9 | 2 GB RAM | 16 GB STEC SSD | 0.3 MP Webcam
BIOS A06 | 10.6.8
  (#12) Old
Default Re: Anyone Running WinXP Under Fusion on Mini9 - 03-01-2009, 07:46 PM

Doctah . . .

Very helpful/useful information. Thank you.

Cheers ! L

Dell Mini10v, 64GB RunCore Pro IV SATA SSD, 2GB Memory, A06 BIOS, 10.6.7, NBI 20100616212351, Bluetooth enabled (external dongle), USB Legacy disabled.

« 10.5 Retail copy work | Confirming upgrade procedure from old Type11 7.x to DellEFI? »