General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Bluetooth mouse problems in 10.5.6 - 02-28-2009, 06:59 PM

I got this super cheap and cool usb bluetooth dongle from dealextreme - it was 3$ Shipped!!!

Mac found it and recognized immediately - no problems. I'm trying to use Microsoft bluetooth mouse 5000 with it.

It had some issues connecting to it / pairing with it first.. now I have Microsoft Bluetooth mouse under devices in bluetooth preferences.

Mouse is not working - when I reboot - it obviously recognizes it for a sec. - i click buttons on the MS mouse and bluetooth icon changes on the screen it shows green light in the properties screen and then in 1 sec it disconnects...

I tried everything - I installed same bluetooth dongle and mouse in XP and it works.

I tried all sorts of IOBluetoothFamily.kext and IOBluetoothHID.. - same result. no difference.

It just feels that I'm so close - I know it connects - cause when I click a button on the mouse - Mac reacts and shows it as connected - and then drops it... Cursor never reacts! I see no cursor movement whatsover...

I spent most of the night trying things out - if anyone can share their experiences - It would so help with my frustration. TIA
  (#2) Old
Retired Mini user
Default Re: Bluetooth mouse problems in 10.5.6 - 02-28-2009, 07:06 PM

I have the same dongle and have nothing but problems with it, in OS X or Windows. So far it's been "you get what you pay for".

Getting an iPad
  (#3) Old
Default Re: Bluetooth mouse problems in 10.5.6 - 02-28-2009, 07:32 PM

Interesting.. I bought it because several people reported that it worked with MAcs.

I have it working in XP - after reboot. and the mouse worked too. I am deciding if I should abandon idea of bluetooth mouse and purchase usb logitech nano mouse?

I really like this MS mouse - how it feels in hand - and if anyone else has ideas what to try? I am sort of cautious of buying another bluetooth dongle - as i don't know if it will solve my problem.. anything I can try?
  (#4) Old
Default Re: Bluetooth mouse problems in 10.5.6 - 02-28-2009, 07:44 PM

My Mini-9 has built-in bluetooth. It mates with Apple wireless MightyMouse and runs perfectly. This would suggest that the problem is with your dongle or your MS mouse . . . not necessarily with your OSX install.

Dell Mini10v, 64GB RunCore Pro IV SATA SSD, 2GB Memory, A06 BIOS, 10.6.7, NBI 20100616212351, Bluetooth enabled (external dongle), USB Legacy disabled.

« Trouble using external drive | Installed OK, but it is stuck at "cant find the mouse"? »