ok after messing around with it using the suggested ideas, this is what i have found:
- everything freezes upon partial (2/3 or more) insertion of SD or SDHC card except for keyboard input via dell mini keyboard
- the clock freezes, the blinking cursor freezes, but text will show when typed
- mouse movements done while "frozen" appear to still function, just cant see it (put in sd card, move mouse, see no movement, eject sd card, mouse is where i moved it to)
- usb mouse and keyboard have no function at all while frozen
- i reran 1.07.1 a few times trying many options, nothing worked
- i downloaded and ran 1.06 as suggested with same results
- leopard shows on hd(0,2)
- when "frozen" screen will dim and brighten as supposed to when power cord is removed/plugged in
ugh, i have no idea. could my sd card slot be screwed up? I havent tested it in another os, but may try live usb linux to see what happens.
i have no idea what is going on, but it seems to freeze even before it has a chance to read the card (dont have to push it all the way in)
any other ideas?? thanks for the help!
p.s. apparently clicking with the dell mini mouse buttons work as well when "frozen" and also i tried opening a finder window while "frozen" and the window popped up but remained frozen and mouse would not move, etc. what the crap is going on? this baffles me!