OK, that fixed it. I must say that was VERY easy to do. No mistakes and worked first time. Excellent job guys. This is what I did to get it to fit on 8gig SSD
1. Follow the Single USB instructions to make a installable USB with the 10.5.6 dmg as a file on the usb drive.
2. Boot and install to an 8gig USB pendrive
3. Pull pendrive, goto real MAC running osx, and delete some stuff from the pendrive (in the applications folder)
4. Unmount pendrive plug back into mini 9
5. Boot Mini-9 of the usb hdd containing the installed and goto disk utility again. This time format the internal SSD
of the mini 9 (got weird space issues here)
6. Click on the restore tab and drag the 8gig pendrive to the source box and the internal SSD
to the destination and click go. (No need to make an image first)
7. Once thats done, try and boot the image on the internal SSD
using the usb hdd with the installer again and trying all the combinations 80,81,82 until the NAME of your internal SSD
pops up in the list, when you found that you can then boot the install.
8. Follow rest of the other tutorials
Not sure if its 100% yet but wifi seems to be working. I needed to run the efi update a few times for it to 'stick'