General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

(#31) Old
Default Re: DellEFI 1.07 beta 4 - 02-15-2009, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by bmaltais
Originally Posted by Zeke
Well that's great for you and your Macbook Pro, but you are wrong about mine. I've been running a Macbook for years and this mini with OSX for months and it has never, ever, ever happened that I would lose a connection in a single browser session or tab while others continued working. Not ever. Ever. I installed the beta on one of two identical machines and suddenly I have this issue, but only only on the one with the beta. The beta is the cause. Now I appreciate everything bmaltais is doing and certainly can't do it even half as well. He rules this forum and we all owe him and others. But he needs to know what issues we are having so he can keep making improvements. The problem I am having is from the beta. Your opinion that because your Macbook is screwed up the problem is natural everywhere is noted, and rejected.
Have you tried installing v1.07.1 and tick the install old gma option? This would be the closest thing to the version that does not give you issues.

Another thing to try is to install the version that use to be fine and see if the problem goes away. If it does not then most likely the issue is related to something else... maybe something you installed like a browser plugin?
Thanks, I'll give that a shot. Right now I'm running an older version to see if it goes away, and it happens so often that I'll know real soon. I'll try the old gma option next, and I'll let you know. I didn't install anything at all, and since it's happening in both Safari and Firefox I feel pretty confident that isn't involved, but I'm open to the possibility of that and similar if reverting doesn't fix it. Thanks for everything and I'll be in touch.

Dell Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.6.1 | 2 GB RAM | 32 GB Runcore
BIOS A05 | USB Legacy Mode: OFF | Internal Bluetooth
  (#32) Old
Expert Member
Default Re: DellEFI 1.07 beta 4 - 02-15-2009, 11:52 PM

Have you installed the Java security update? Could be related.

Dell Mini 9
OS X 10.5.6

« What is Dell Mini9 "n" | Five ways to slim down your Mac OS X install »