General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Dec 2008
Re: Stuck - Boot132 - OS X 10.5.6. Retail on USB HDD - 02-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Link to 8.01 ISO:
http://mydellmini.googlecode.com/files/ ... 01.iso.zip
8GB SSD, 1GB RAM
OS X 10.5.6
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: Stuck - Boot132 - OS X 10.5.6. Retail on USB HDD - 02-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Okay, I must be missing something. If my install is good, why do I need to run Leopard install again?
When I do that, I get Leopard install again but I'm confused. According to the steps, here's where I am...
4. Install will fail at the end but this is ok reboot (might not fail, either way, it worked)
It didn't fail, but when I reboot, I can never get OS X to start, I can only run install again?
5. on reboot boot from boot132 iso above again, choose device 80 for internal drive (or other if you did another drive) and enter -f when booting from your hard drive (might freeze first reboot, just restart)
6. update to 10.5.6 and any of the other updates, reboot (Skip this step if your OSX install disc is already 10.5.6)
I don't need to update.
7. on reboot boot from boot123 iso above again, choose device 80 for internal drive (or other if you did another drive)
Isn't this just telling it to boot from the drive you've installed OS X on? I can't seem to get this step to succeed.
8. on the iso above Go into the DellMini9Utils folder, and run the DellEFI application (you might recognize the icon).
I'm assuming this means once you can boot to OS X, go find the DellEFI.app and run it?
9. Your best bet is to leave it on "Easy" and click "Install"
10. It will prompt you to reboot when it's done.
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: Stuck - Boot132 - OS X 10.5.6. Retail on USB HDD - 02-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Step 5. I'm assuming is to tell the boot loader to load the OS from the HDD, correct? When I do that, and specify 80, I get the error 'Non-system disk - press any key to reboot"
So it seems like there's some incompatibility w/ the mini not liking my USB HDD? This 8GB SSD drive is killing me (i.e. I wish I could've just installed directly to the internal HDD... I had already ordered before I realized I should have bought the 64GB SSD)!
Thanks for the coaching!
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.