General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Dec 2008
Temp metod to prevent hang after sleep - 01-03-2009, 03:52 AM
I have found a workaround to the problem of the spinning beach ball after resuming from sleep and forgetting to eject your SDHC card.
This happened to me many times and I needed to find a solution. Here is what I found work for me. Maybe you will find it helpful.
What you need:
1. Type11 v7.5 installation (7.1 will probably work also)
2. sleepwatcher from http://www.bernhard-baehr.de/
3. Some time
1. Open your install.dmg and move the kext IOSDHCIBlockDevice.kext from Extentions to LocalExtensions
2. Run miniscript and only perform an update. This will copy IOSDHCIBlockDevice.kext to your local System/Library/Extensions. IOSDHCIBlockDevice.kext does not need to be in the EFI partition.
3. Install both "Sleepwatcher" and "Sleepwatcher startup" (contained in the same dmg)
4. Add the following to the end of /etc/rc.sleep
umount -f /dev/disk1s1 sleep 1 kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/IOSDHCIBlockDevice.kext/
This should be helpful until a fix is found for the sleep issue with the SDHC kext.
Note that Sleepwalker take about a minute to kick in... so when testing wait a little bit before putting to sleep.
8GB SSD, 1GB RAM
OS X 10.5.6
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.