General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#41) Old

Default Re: DellEFI v1.01 final - 02-05-2009, 08:39 PM

I've come across something that might be useful to bmaltais for future versions. My bluetooth was always turned off at boot and couldn't seem to fix it. I have installed XP and made sure the bluetooth was on and then put OSX back but it didn't fix the problem. I tried booting to Ubuntu and using the airplane mode utility to force the BT on and the shutting down cold, but it didn't help.

Yesterday it got interesting, which I mentioned in a new thread. I found that if I deleted the bluetooth.plist then the problem went away, and stayed good after multiple reboots. I thought that was the end of it, but later I ran DellEFI 1.1 just to stay current. After I rebooted the bluetooth was off again. Deleting the plist fixed it, again.

I know it says in the "what still doesn't work" document that some people have the BT off on boot problem. Maybe if we can find out what in the script is causing it to revert to "off" on boot maybe there is a way to mark this problem as solved for everyone. If you want to tackle this and need me to run any tests I'd be happy to do so.

Dell Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.6.1 | 2 GB RAM | 32 GB Runcore
BIOS A05 | USB Legacy Mode: OFF | Internal Bluetooth
  (#42) Old
Expert Member

Default Re: DellEFI v1.01 final - 02-06-2009, 12:06 AM

This is interesting. I could add this as another option in DellEFI... "Fix bluetooth" and as an action delete the bluetooth.plist

Dell Mini 9
8GB SSD, 1GB RAM
OS X 10.5.6

« System config for Mini 9 OSX | Thankyou so much! »