General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

(#21) Old
Default Re: should mac os be legal for other computers? - 02-01-2009, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by afishertx
I looked into another intel Mac Notebook so that i could have a Mac for me, and a PC for work but really wanted something smaller and more portable than the current Mac offerings. That is how I ended up here. If Apple had produced a netbook, I would have purchased one.

I own an iMac, a Mac Mini and now three legal versions of OS X -- the third copy purchased for my netbook that Apple hasn't bothered to build for me yet. Apple hasn't been shorted anything by my using an illegal copy of their OS on my hackintosh. I paid them for their software fair and square.

The way I see it, I'm the one who has been shorted by Apple because they're unwilling to provide a product desired by a loyal customer. BTW: The Macbook Air is not that product. It is a thin aluminum shell with little new inside but a nice screen, no connectivity, and a weak plastic hinge that breaks easily. And that spectacular package they'll sell me for just under $2000. If I want the 1.86 GHz version to match my Mac Mini it will cost me $2500. C'mon Apple.

« DellEFI v1.0 beta 3 | 1 Month old 32gb Runcore dead? »