General Mac OS X Discussion General Apple and Mac OS X Discussion

(#1) Old
Default Wifi "connection timeout" or "Invalid Password" - 01-28-2009, 07:09 PM

Hi everyone, I have OS X 10.5.6 up and running on my mini and only have one problem.

They use a numeric WEP password at work, and I cannot get my mini 9 to connect to the network at all. It used to connect just fine under windows, but now gives a "connection timeout" error in OS X. If I am really persistent (I'm talking like 20+ times of trying), I get an "Invalid Password" error, even though I am certain the password is correct and have carefully typed and retyped it. At first I thought it might be an OS X compatibility issue with the network, but I brought my Macbook Pro in and it connects just fine (also running 10.5.6).

The mini connects effortlessly to my network at home and other places with wifi. There just seems to be something about their setup at work that does not let me connect. Are there other OS X wifi drivers that I could try, anything, any ideas? It really hampers the usefulness of the mini during meetings. :cry:

« Step by step on re-running the scripts if sleep doesn't work | OS X desktop wallpapers 1024x600 »